Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Downloaded Windows 7 on Mac

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    seedorf

Hi guys/girls,
    I just bought Windows 7 from the Microsoft site and tried downloading it. This was with the purpose of installing it on the Boot Camp partition of my drive so I can use software that is incompatible with my Mac.

However, the file that was downloaded was a 346KB .exe which, first of all, is too 2GB smaller than what I was expecting and secondly, is a format that the Mac doesn’t understand. I was hoping someone would be able help me out with this, because at the moment it seems like I have wasted my money. I was expecting a 2.9GB .iso file that I could burn to a DVD and install in Boot Camp. Help would be much appreciated.

It’s possible that it is a file that you have to run in order to download the "real" file. If so, you may have to either borrow/acquire a Windows machine to do that, or try to get your money back from Microsoft (or at least contact them and see what they suggest you doing next)

…No accusations intended, but if you downloaded this anywhere other than the Microsoft site, I would have a pretty good guess that it may be a virus. In that case, be careful.

jacinthey

Where can i get a window 7? can you please help me to get one. please help me thanks a lot,,,? i thought that the free download of window 7 is available only until august 15, 2009 but can you please help me to get a installer of window 7,,thanks.

Matt

That was the ISO downloader MS uses to lessen the stress on their servers. If you contact their support, they can give you a hardlink to an iso file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.