Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Doing more with ::selection than changing the selection color. [question]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure jeffm2 – but I love the way iBooks has implemented the highlight feature. Too bad you can’t just push your HTML5 book in that app. ;-)

jeffm2

yeah i would lose the nice layout that i am getting with html 5

I understand.. I have something at home (I’m at work) that I was messing around with so I’ll send it your way this evening. Maybe you can have a go at it.

jeffm2

sweet

Right then, here is a jsfiddle – javascript courtesy of Mark S. Kolich. I haven’t a reason to develop on this at the moment, so I’m afraid the project has been pushed back to the personal/curiosity list. lol. Anyways, if you’re interested in having the highlight be similar to the organic highlight color in the iBooks app you can simply change that span.highlight background to an image. Looks very nice. Hope this helps.

http://jsfiddle.net/meetaaronsilber/eU6WP/

jeffm2

Yup. Thanks. I had actually stumbled across this myself. Works pretty good on the ipad. I think the problem still remains, how to retain the highlights. I don’t know enough about local storage or the like to make that work just yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.