Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Does WordPress enable :hover on iOS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    danly
    Participant

Okay so this is a strange question, I know. However, I have two websites. One uses WordPress, the other is just a basic website. Now my issue is that when using my iPhone, the navigation menu doesn’t work.

You’re supposed to hover over it and it’ll reveal a drop down menu, this works on WordPress but I copied and pasted the CSS and HTML from my WordPress site over to my basic site and now the menu won’t show up when I press the menu icon even though it works without issues on my WordPress site.

Is there any way to get around this? I thought it might be JavaScript but couldn’t find anything that seemed like it was affecting the :hover selector. Any help please!?

danly
    Participant

Well this is what is confusing me. It works with :hover on WordPress, but with no WordPress it doesn’t. :click also don’t work. I’ve never been this stuck on an issue before, it makes no sense…?

Paulie_D

I would imagine that WP is using Js to enable touch.

Certainly, click needs JS.

Senff
    Participant

this works on WordPress but I copied and pasted the CSS and HTML from my WordPress site over to my basic site and now the menu won’t show up when I press the menu icon even though it works without issues on my WordPress site.

You probably missed some CSS, and/or some JavaScript.

The WordPress site is just HTML, CSS and JavaScript, so if you want an identical (non-WordPress) version of that site, you’ll have to make sure all the relevant HTML, CSS and JavaScript is copied to the new site.

The menu functionality is not in the WordPress part of the site — it’s in the HTML/CSS/JS part.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.