Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Does logo font have to match any font on site to look good?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    iizag
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering like on my website for example, IAmDentistry.com , I bought my logo a while ago when I knew less about design, so I was wondering if the logo font SHOULD match any font of the main site to look good? like a header class of some sort? For instance, like the font used in the word DENTISTRY in my logo, is unique and not on any other part of my site other than the logo ?

Senff
    Participant

“Looking good” is very objective ad personal. What matters is if YOU’RE happy with it, there are no rules for it.

Many sites have a logo in a font that doesn’t match the font type of the rest of the site. Just look at CNN or Yahoo.

iizag
    Participant

thank you

Alen
    Participant

+100 @senff

@ian-izaguirre001
    logos are overrated. Don’t put too much emphasis on it. Focus on delivering value to your clients, everything else will fall into place. I would imagine dentistry field requires a lot of reading (for the client), from the types of insurance, coverage, guidelines, laws, etc… for body copy typeface, focus on legibility. While your logo typeface can be little more expressive and unique to show of your (business) personality.

Atelierbram
    Participant

Logo’s have a lot of value for big global brands, if only for recognisability, but are of lesser value to one-person local businesses IMO. In my eyes the logo good look better in this context when being floated to the right, (and possibly having the nav pulled in to the top a bit) like:

.logo h1 a {
      float: right;
      margin-right: 1em;
    }
    #main-nav {
      background-color: #fff;
      margin-top: -4em;
    }

The logotype does look quite delicate, which does clashes a bit with the aesthetics of the rest of the webpage itself, I feel. In general it’s not a bad idea to make a logo sturdy, with little detail, in order to work in different contexts (like also for example bad print). But there are lots of script fonts, but you will have to do a thorough search for one with less contrast. For what it is worth, I always loved “Tartine Script”, and like the roundedness of this Thirsty Soft.

iizag
    Participant

Thank you all for your answers,

@Atelierbram
    Awesome suggestion thank you !

John
    Participant

You could do what I did for my sister’s site. Use the colour from the logo for buttons, navigation background,etc.

iizag
    Participant

whats the site?

John
    Participant

http://personalstylist.ca/

I’m in the process of reworking it though. The links are in the same gold colour.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.