Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Does anyone here have a OnePlus One invite?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

Needless to say… I want this phone. If anyone here has an invite and is willing to give it up… I’d be more than happy to take it off your hands. Thanks!

shaneisme
    Participant

If I get another invite I’ll let you know. Typically you have 24 hours to act.

nixnerd
    Participant

That sounds awesome dude! I’d love that! Let me know for sure. Did you end up buying the phone or no? Based on your phrasing… I’m going to guess you did not. Have you seen or played with one? If so, How’d you like it?

shaneisme
    Participant

I was about to, but I picked up the Nexus 6 instead which I love. I know several people that have it though and they all love it.

You can also sign up on their website and just make a random introduce yourself post on their forum for the best chances to get the phone.

nixnerd
    Participant

I’ll try to pursue those channels as well. Does the OnePlus One seem pocket-able at all? Looks pretty big. I think the front right pocket is out of the question for a phone of this size but the back pocket might work. Just curious. Thanks for your help man.

shaneisme
    Participant

Well I think the Nexus 6 is pocketable… But I’m 6’4″ and have big pockets I guess…

nixnerd
    Participant

Ha ha ha ha. I’m only 6’0″ and I typically wear skinnies. I guess there’s really no way to know until I have it in my possession.

nixnerd
    Participant

So, I’m exclusively using unlocked phones from here on out… for many reasons. That’s beside the point though.

The OnePlus One is a phone with AMAZING specs, that can be had for $299, factory unlocked, off-contract, running Cyanogenmod out of the box.

There is not a phone in the world that can touch it’s specs at that price point.

@shaneisme
    Picked up a Nexus 6… which is a VERY nice phone. Perhaps even a bit nicer than the OnePlus One. But, it also comes with a $600+ price tag.

There’s just one catch: You must have an invite to buy one :(

nixnerd
    Participant

Here it is @chrisburton:

nixnerd
    Participant

Alas… it is not. I’ve owned several Androids and 1 iPhone. I’ll say this: I can’t wait to relegate my iPhone to the device lab :)

nixnerd
    Participant

I got an invite!!! Tomorrow, I’m going to buy one. Then… I have to use one invite for my wife. But I can then use her invite for one of the fine folks here! @traq If you come upon some cash in the next few weeks, let me know man!

nixnerd
    Participant

So… in the last 20 minutes, I managed to score another invite. Now I have 2. I’m going to buy two phones but that means I’ll have invites here in a bit (since I’ll be the proud new owner of two). I’ll keep you guys posted in case you need them.

nixnerd
    Participant

I can totally see the argument for the iPhone if you’re already a part of the ecosystem. I however have zero connection to the Apple ecosystem. In a few weeks, I won’t have an iPhone, I don’t own a Mac and none of my music is from iTunes. If you want MAXIMUM compatibility across all devices, iPhone is really your only choice.

The only complaint I have when running Android is that texting friends who have an iPhone gets a little funky due to iMessage being picky. Other than that… I LOOOOOVE the tweakability. But just like Linux, it’s not for everybody.

Alen
    Participant

@Joe_Temp still got an invite?

nixnerd
    Participant

@alenabdula OnePlus does not guarantee them on any certain schedule. However… I should get at least two, since I ordered two phones. Their website says that they distribute them as they’re available. I’ll let you guys know as soon as I get some so you too can have this sweet phone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.