Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End do i need to install php

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    taragrg

i have a web-server and written a basic php code and i loaded the php file to the server it didn’t work. Do i have to install a php on web server arn’t they preinstalled ??

Zoom
    Participant

No, if you installed a web server (e.g. Apache) on your computer it will not include PHP. You need to install it if you need it.

There are apps such as WAMP and XAMPP that will install Apache, MySQL and PHP on your computer without any hassle.

If you are talking about buying hosting from another company then it depends on what exactly you bought (but most of them do include PHP)

__
    Participant

> it didn’t work

What do you mean? Can you describe what happened (vs. what you expected to happen)? “It didn’t work” is completely useless in terms of troubleshooting.

As @Zoom said, no, in most cases you’ll need to specifically install PHP. It’s not an integrated part of any webserver (though is included in many packages, like xampp).

taragrg

ok i mean to say i wrote a simple php and load it to server but it didnt worked so it means i need to install php on webserver

__
    Participant

again, what do you mean by “it didn’t work”?

what *happened*?

taragrg

i mean when i run the php file loaded on server and when a browser starts it opens a open with window

__
    Participant

ahh, it offers you the file for download?

Is this your web host’s server, or did you install a server on your local (your own) computer?

And are we talking about Apache?

taragrg

yea its apache and a web host’s server

kevin11189
    Participant

Could you copy and paste your .htaccess file? Most hosts come with it. I’m assuming you have some kind of cpanel or kloxo panel or something like that. Does it show options for php stuff(i.e. phpinfo, phpconfig, etc)?

__
    Participant

You should be able to find out from your control panel (cPanel or whatever) if PHP is available to you.

If you’re not sure, you can always _ask_ them. : )

If you don’t mind my asking, what hosting company do you use?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.