Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Divs nt displaying proplerly in IE7 – fine in Firefox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    reastman

Anyone know the secret of getting a left column and right column to display properly in IE7? http://www.smbresearch.net renders fine in Firefox, but if you look at this site in IE7, IEs displays the floating right column first, and renders my left column after – and below (and to the left of) my right column. I have validated, and the errors I have left are not related to this, I don’t think. All other smbresearch tabs display fine – so the problem is with my left and right Divs, and how IE treats them. A second (but more more minor) problem is that my right DIV extends below the page; I have yet to figure this one out, but is the minor of the 2 problems obviously. I am a newbie at this. Thanks much in advance. I am a few hours into trying to figure this out, and so coudl use some assistance.

reastman

Virtual, Jamy_za – Oh my, that worked! I Specifically,what worked was decreasing the width of the left column. And here I thought I had been so careful with my math to make sure that my LH and RH columns did nto exceed the width of the page, but indeed, in making a bunch of changes a bnch of times, I had made the two columns too wide for one another. Thanks much! On to the next issue. Simpler solution than I thought.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.