Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Div with dynamic height pushing down content without leaving blank whitespace.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sqnkov
    Participant

Hello guys,

I am building a simple push-down effect which affects the position of two containers. So far I have managed to achieve a near-desired effect using fixed positioning for the hidden container, while changing its position to relative for the opened state.

I want to apply a smooth transition to the blue main div, which is being pushed down by the hidden div with a class of .sub-header. How can I bypass the choppy rearrangement of the containers and is there a more elegant way of doing this instead of switching positioning on click? (e.g. fixed to relative in this case)

NOTE: The heights of the current divs are fixed values, but I need this to be able to handle dynamic changes in the .sub-header height.

NOTE: This should be achieved by adding a custom class, not using jQuery’s nested effects like .slideToggle etc.</b>

Here is the Fiddle.

I am getting really frustrated about this. Maybe this can be done by Javascript in some way?

Thank You all in advance!

Beverleyh
    Participant

If you don’t want to use jQuery (and it’s SlideUp/SlideDown methods), how about using Velocity.js instead. It handles the animation part in conjunction with a custom addition or removal of a trigger class. I did something like what you’re doing (dynamic-height content, that expands vertically to push stuff underneath down too) so maybe you can extract the bits you need from this http://blog.fofwebdesign.co.uk/29-slideup-slidedown-content-without-jquery-velocityjs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.