Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS DIV WIDTH MOBILE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dw2015
    Participant

Hi Guys
    I am baffled as to why some of my % width divs wont fill the screen on smart devices (Iphone) Looks fine on desktop browsers but wont fill the screen on smart devices.

Tried adding outer div’s, fixed, % etc and viewpart but nope, any help / suggestions welcome

Thanks

http://www.gandhsolutions.com/newwebsite/default.aspx

Shikkediel
    Participant

The original issue comes from the fact it’s just not a responsive design. Many of the elements, including body itself, have fixed widths. It won’t look correct either if someone happens to be visiting on a 800 pixels desktop monitor or tablet because of this.

dw2015
    Participant

That’s the problem I have. It was originally a fluid responsive design but the client didn’t want the responsive view. Ie I have had to rewrite the CSS to change to fixed elements for the content elements and then use view part to
    Scale to the screen

What the client wants, the client gets i so suppose

Obviously with this situation, is there an answer ? Other than to create a web only view also of the site

dw2015
    Participant

Hey thanks for the post
    I meant mobile view only template
    The client didn’t like the resizing elements of the screen when viewed on responsive platforms. He wanted it to be a fixed design for all browsers

I explained the problems with doing this but that was what they wanted

I created other style sheets using the media @ statement to target smaller devices and resize so unless I can get a fix for the widths I will have to build these back into the site and modify as necessary

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’m sure you’ve tried a meta tag without initial scaling? Setting it to 1 would actually be a bit counterproductive in this case.

https://css-tricks.com/snippets/html/responsive-meta-tag/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.