Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Div to Picture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xyzoblivion

Hello all,
    I am asking a unique/stupid question. Is it really possible to generate an image from a div? Actually what i want to do is the following:
    1 – i have queried a database, collect the necessary info.
    2 – load the data to javascript api of google chart tools
    3 – create interactive charts based on that data

NOTE that the charts are in the form of data (NOT GRAPHIC)

now i want the div that is displaying the chart to be an image so that i may use it in word doc and stuff. My question is genuine but i don’t know if it is really possible. If it is please let me know … THANKS IN ADVANCE.

stevendeeds

Well, first off, you may be making this harder than it needs to be. Can you take a screen shot of the charts and use that? If it’s beyond the length of your screen, there are plugins for chrome that let you take screenshots of full length pages. I know this isn’t exactly the answer you were looking for, but if it works, why do the extra work, right?
    -All good things-

xyzoblivion

I know it is hard to do but i dont have a choice. I have to make this thing dynamic because i will not be using this, instead my clients will be using these charts therefore i have to come up with a solution which is dynamic and not menual. I was searching and came across a site “wolframalpha.com” they have an option with there graphs “save as an image” i am looking for something like this. Thank for the reply anyways.

stevendeeds

Okay, well we know we can print the page to a post script file and distill it as a pdf or jpg or png. But, that’s not really good UX for your client…
    You can definitely do this with ActiveX… actually, i found an app that does this, http://htmlcapture-activex-control.software.informer.com/ This is made to do what you’re wanting to do. The description says it can be integrated into PHP apps.

xyzoblivion

Thanks … that helped :) .. i am not sure how to use it but it is a good starting point …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.