Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Div slideDown on hover/Div slideDown on click

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    asiek
    Participant

Hello. I am looking forward to creating a search box that slides down when the magnifying glass is hovered and slides back up if input is not active. Or a search box that slides down when the magnifying glass is clicked…

Unfortunately, I have no example code to display here…so I was hoping to get tutorial recommendations on either/both if possible.

Please Help.

Paulie_D

Your best option to learn this stuff is to code up the layout you want without any functionality at all…perhaps in Codepen?

Then we could, perhaps, see our way towards helping you get the hover / click option working rather than us doing it all step by step for you.

I’m not sure ‘hover’ is your best option as the box would slide back as soon as the hover was released..but something could be worked up, I’m sure.

asiek
    Participant

@Paulie_D If you take a look at the last part of my post you’ll see that is says: “Unfortunately, I have no example code to display hereā€¦so I was hoping to get tutorial recommendations on either/both if possible.”

I was not asking for anyone to do the work for me, I was asking for tutorials on how I can create it…
    Since I’m not experienced in any of this…

But thank you!

SZRimaging
    Participant

It wouldn’t be that hard to do it on hover. All you have to do is check the input, if the value isn’t empty, don’t slide back up.

You could also check for focus on the text input.

In fact, there is one that slides over behaving exactly that way on a site I’m deving right now (I am doing CMS implementation, the JS was written by an outside company).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.