Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS div grows/expands with text to left instead of right?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    standuncan

Am I over looking something simple here? I have a div that is floated to the right with an unordered list inside. the first list item (on the left) is a variable that can have up to 25 characters, and I want that div to grow with the variable to the left. I tried listing the items in order and floating them left, then listing them in reverse order and floating them to the right, but no matter what the div grows/expands to the right? Anyway getting around this?

TheDoc

I don’t think I particularly understand! Can you set up a fiddle of what you’re experiencing? Too many left/rights for me to follow!

standuncan

I’m skinning a forum, and a nav list expands with the variable length (the username) to the right. I want to align the list to the right and have it expand to the left. See red box below:

TheDoc

haha It must be my first day back from holidays…

I’m not quite following you, but I’m almost there! So, the picture that you’ve posted is bad? Can you post a picture of what you want it to look like?

standuncan

Yeah I haven’t slept much lately and I’m know I’m not explaining it the best lol.

See if this makes more sense, the longer the username, the div expands to the right. I want the div to align to the right, and expand to the left with a longer username.Image

standuncan

I knew there was something simple, but I could not think of it or find a solution ughh :/

I will try that out, thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.