Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS div content disappears in Chrome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PitaMaria
    Participant

The element in question is div.thumbel-excerpt — it’s the div containing the big, green text on the homepage at http://healthy-transitions-colorado.org/. You won’t see that text in Chrome but it’s displaying correctly in Firefox and Safari on the Mac and in IE on the PC. It looks like the text is being served up properly but I can’t for the life of me figure out the styling break.

Here’s the rub:
    • It’s PHP, a WordPress site, and that div is pulling in text dynamically from a post excerpt.
    • It’s part of a WordPress widget and, the way that widget is written, it applies some styling at the element level so it’s necessary to declare external stylesheet-level changes as ‘!important’

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your attention to my issue.

Paulie_D

No green text in FF, Safari or IE10 on W7

Interestingly, in IE9 > ‘mode’ of IE10, I get a contact form that isn’t visible in more up to date browsers.

Feels like a Mac issue at the moment.

PitaMaria
    Participant

@Paulie_D

Thanks for the reply. Are you able to give me more detail on this issue? Any ideas on how I can fix it?

Anyone have any recommendations?

Senff
    Participant

All I see (in any browser) is a “COMING SOON” page, no form or green or anything.

PitaMaria
    Participant

Apologies, friends; I forgot I had my “Coming Soon” page up. The site is now available for viewing. My original question (still in need of resolution):

“The element in question is div.thumbel-excerpt — it’s the div containing the big, green text on the homepage at http://healthy-transitions-colorado.org/. You won’t see that text in Chrome but it’s displaying correctly in Firefox and Safari on the Mac and in IE on the PC. It looks like the text is being served up properly but I can’t for the life of me figure out the styling break.

Here’s the rub: • It’s PHP, a WordPress site, and that div is pulling in text dynamically from a post excerpt. • It’s part of a WordPress widget and, the way that widget is written, it applies some styling at the element level so it’s necessary to declare external stylesheet-level changes as ‘!important’

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your attention to my issue.”

jurotek
    Participant

The text is actually in a span element with class thumbel-content and it looks to me the same in latest Chrome, FF and IE10.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.