Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS div class doesn’t work in div id ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alicia
    Participant

Hi,
    Can some experts please advise why style in my class 1mycolumn doesn’t work in browsers even it shows okay in dreamweaver :

Today's Buy
    1 colum

1 colum2

1 colum3

1 colum4

wedwsrighthh

Content 2

other spry tab class and the righcolumn id works fine but not 1mycolumn class.. please advise. thanks. I am trying to show some content in multple same size columns. Thanks.

wolfcry911
    Participant

alicia, its impossible to help with the information you’ve given. We need to see all the html, all the css, the intended look, and the expected look. I hope I’m not being too harsh, but Dreamweaver is a pile of dung and the code above isn’t much better. The above suffers from divitis – where everything is wrapped in a classed or id’d div. There’s simply no reason. Also, it appears you’re using spaces in paragraphs for layout purposes.

Show us what you’re after and I, or others, will be happy to help (I’ll be back later today).

alicia
    Participant

thanks.. I am very new to css and designing the layout without table tag is driving me crazy even after i read many tutorials…

this is the code is you don’t mind to comment so I can make it right

Untitled Document

• Tab 1
    • Tab 2

First box

1 my colum

1 my colum2

1 my colum3

1 my colum4

right box

Content 2

thank you

Paulie_D

@Alicia

If you’re going to post HTML, you need to wrap it the the code tags…that’s the 4th icon from the left that looks like little brackets.

Paulie_D

Of course, as far as I know, you cannot have classes that start with numbers…that might be it.

Senff
    Participant

Indeed @Paulie_D, class names and ID should always start with a letter, so that’s definitely the issue.

alicia
    Participant

thanks paulie.. fixed this… i am analyzing what you guided me in the other post now.. thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.