Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Div BG Image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Thanks guys @Paulie_D + @Watson90 + @ChrisP

Here’s a code pen link : http://codepen.io/anon/pen/aqlhG

Realised I told you the wrong images, Its Blue.png for the majority of the site (body)
    And bg.jpg for the header section

Hope this is all okay?

Watson90

I can see a few things straight away, you haven’t closed your UL in your navigation and also your style declaration isn’t closed properly.

ChrisP
    Participant

Also, you can’t specify `background-position` in `background-image`, you can either do shorthand `background` or use both position and image separately.

Thank you these should now be solved, Still hasn’t solved the problem though,
    In answer to @Paulie_D I have my index.html file saved in a directory along with a style.css file. Then In the same directory i have my images folder complete with 2 images blue.png and bg.jpg

Thanks again guys, appreciate your commitment :)

Watson90

@ChrisP – where is background position on his pen?

Watson90

If that’s the case @AdamHodgson then you will need to add ../ to your image path

End the CSS path with />

Paulie_D

background-image: url(/images/bg.png) repeat-x;

should be

background: url(/images/bg.png) repeat-x;

Still nothing guys sorry, I’m going to have to go offline just now, I’ll be sure to pick up tomorow and will be even more determined to get it sorted.

Thanks everyone,

Hulkster

@AdamHodgson, try this now: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/xfztL

If that is NOT working, then check your file extension. This code is working, if the you linked the images right.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.