Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Div at an angle?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jchap59
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to place a div and an angle on a website rather than always flat on the horizontal plane? Can CCS do this ?

John C

As far as I know, no, you can’t have a div at an angle. You would need to fake it using images or some other method.

yea.. at least CSS 2 doesn’t support it yet.. may be CSS 3.0 might support something like that?

blue642

possible? yes with CSS3

http://dingledoodle.com/rotate/start.html

but I wouldn;t recommend it, it makes the text unreadable.

Code:
    -moz-transform:rotate(35deg);
    -webkit-transform:rotate(35deg);
    jchap59
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the replies – the CSS3 code works really well – very useful to know.

John C :

Cupidvogel

Wow. Thanks! I am just starting to learn CSS3, and this trick has already impressed me. You were right, the text inside indeed becomes distorted, which makes it clear that this is the trick Google Gravity uses to finally place the element at different angles, as the text inside those boxes is distorted in the same way as well.

Mottie

Check out this site: CSS3 Please… it’s a great help! It also builds css that works in IE, if it is possible. Also, with large enough text, the rotation shouldn’t make it unreadable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.