Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Display:none is not working in IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lulli240

I have en unordered list of games, it shows the 20 newest games and older games will be wraped into a div with display:none element. But the older games still show in IE.

The code:

If I have the list items inside the div inside another

tag it works in IE but i’d rather have it working this way. Any ideas ?

jamygolden

You’re not closing the style values in quotations. Look:

style=display:none;>

So if you add the double quote after: display:none; it should work.

lulli240

Aaa, I wrote that little markup just when i wrote the post, the actual code is alot bigger, so this is just an type-o, the orignal code is right ;)

I have also tried $(“div.older_games”).hide(); but not working either.

jamygolden

Ok, well I’m quite sure it’s an HTML or CSS problem. Note, class=”trigger now doesn’t have a closing tag in your example :p

Validate your HTML and CSS – That should point you in the right direction.

lulli240

No errors related to this matter, just some unclosed br tags. And also if it was an HTML/CSS problem I dont think it would work in all browsers, but it works in every browser except IE. I’m really getting frustrated, IE is a stupid browser hehe.

timmey

do you have a link to ur page?

jamygolden

@lulli240 I’ve had my fair share of browser inconsistencies to know when it’s probably an HTML / CSS error, and this is most probably one of them.

Display: none works in IE6-10 – without any form of bugs. If it’s not working in a specific browser, there is either a syntax problem, or you’re applying a style to that browser specifically somehow (IE7 stylesheet?)

as timmey asked, do you have a link?

Mottie

I have a feeling that older IE doesn’t allow you to put elements between LI’s. Maybe you need to append the LI’s dynamically instead of hiding/showing them.

jamygolden

Lol @Mottie I didn’t notice that.

‘No errors related to this matter, just some unclosed br tags’

@lulli240
      , That would have been picked up if you had validated your HTML.

lulli240

A link to the page http://leikjavaktin.is/testingarea/?platform=ps3#
      I at least i didnt see a error related to that, http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fleikjavaktin.is%2Flist_loop_validate.php&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

And Its in my post that it works if i but another ul tag inside the list, but I need a way to get it to work without the extra ul. Because the live search form doesn’t search inside the extra ul.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.