Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Displaying large lists

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheTechBox
    Participant

I have a list of about 500 items (these are search results for flights). I can order the list and what not but I am trying to figure out a way to display this in an easy to understand manor? Right now I have given the user a drop down select box that allows them to only display results from certain airlines after the search results have shown.

Would grouping them together by airline help? I.E display all the airlines in the results then when you click on one it drops down all the results for the airline?

Displaying over 500 at once seems a bit much and many of them can be from the same airline, for example you might have 150+ from Delta.

Paulie_D

Add multiple filters and sorting criteria.

Direct flights/ 1 stop / 2 stop – checkboxes

Departure Times – Outbound/Return – Sliders

Airlines – checkboxes

Airports (where multiple) – checkboxes

Journey duration – Slider

Sorting – Price etc.

Example for existing site: http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/lond/prg/131205/131209/airfares-from-london-to-prague-in-december-2013.html

TheTechBox
    Participant

This seems so obvious now I think of it. Time to put my Javascript hat on and sort through all of this data.

I wonder how SkyScanner get all of the flight data :/ – this stuff is gold dust apparently.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.