Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Display prices from central document

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bhimac

I am trying to figure out how to list all of our program prices in one document. These prices exist multiple times throughout my site. If I could some place all of the prices in one document then I would only have to update them once each year.

I am thinking there may be a way to do this with PHP but I am open to any suggestions?

Mottie

There are several methods you could use to do this, one of which is with PHP and a SQL database. If it’s just something simple, then you can probably just have a text file with JSON data, XML, HTML on another page or even a plain comma separated values (csv) file.

I’m not much help with the php/sql route, but if you are using jQuery, you could just use the $.getJSON() function to grab the data from a file – see the documentation for an example.

If you use XML, you’ll need to use the $.ajax function and for HTML, plain text or csv files, you could use load.

bhimac

Thanks Mottie, I haven’t figured it out yet but I think you’ve pointed me in the right direction.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.