Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Display a page html elements with their hierarchy structure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    triplebit
    Participant

I’m looking for a tool that would display a page html elements(in the local file system or in the Internet) with their hierarchy structure. If other information like the elements width is also available – this would be a great bonus…
    Is there such a thing?
    Regards
    Triplebit

nixnerd
    Participant

Your filesystem doesn’t do this?

__
    Participant

…or are you talking about something like a DOM inspector?
    Most browsers have such things built-in. Try pressing [F12].

nixnerd
    Participant

Most browsers have such things built-in.

This. Both Chrome and Firefox have outstanding dev tools, one of which is a dom inspector.

I’m looking for a tool that would display a page html elements(in the local file system

This confused me. Most file managers do this. It’s jut an option you can select.

triplebit
    Participant

DOM inspector (as you called it) is useful but not exactly to my needs. I have to walk through all the elements and expand them, they contain a lot of unneeded information and they doesn’t contain the width-which I need.
    Is there something more appropriate?
    Thanks in advance
    Triplebit

__
    Participant

Chrome shows this info. When hovering over an item in the inspector, it is highlighted on the page, with its dimensions in a title text box. There is also a box diagram with dimensions in the right pane of the inspector, with the relevant CSS rules above it:

screenshot - chrome developer tools

As for opening all levels automatically, I don’t know how to do this, but I’m sure there’s a setting that enables it. Someone else might know. Should note, however, that if you open the inspector by right clicking and choosing “Inspect Element”, the element in question will be expanded automatically.

Paulie_D

View Source?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.