Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Disappearing Paragraph in IE6 – Any thoughts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    diven
    Participant

I am in the midst of a site re-design and I was doing some testing last night. It turns out that when testing in IE 6 I am losing an entire paragraph – [attachment=0]sdgie6problem.jpg[/attachment] http://www.stuartdesigngroup.com/markets. This is how the page should look – [attachment=1]sdgFFnp.jpg[/attachment].

The h1 and p tags are inside the "content" div. after the 2nd paragraph I am floating a series of thumbnails with captions.

Code:

Markets

Stuart Design Group, Inc. serves many markets.  Since 1985 we have solved space & storage issues for Healthcare, Financial, Legal, Corporate, Museum, Library, Education, Correction/Law Enforcement and Manufacturing.  Each market presents its own challenges.  However, we have yet to find a problem that we cannot help in some way.

Click on the pictures below to read more about some of the markets which we support.

//**CSS **//
    .inside{
    padding: 5px 10px;
    }
    .thumb{
    float: left;
    padding-left: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 25px;
    }

#content .thumb p{
    text-align:center;
    font-size: 1.0em;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    padding: 5px 0 0 0;
    }

Does anyone know which bug I am dealing with, and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

Div

apostrophe
    Participant

What are you using to test in ie6? IETester? Try hitting refresh a couple of times.
    I just checked in ie6 on IENetRenderer and the page shows fine.

diven
    Participant

I was testing with browsershots and also I have multiple IE installer on my PC at home. I called a buddy of mine that still runs IE6 – employed at a Law Firm grrrr UPGRADE ALREADY! Anyway,if it is appearing correctly in IE6 then I guess I have no problems. If anyone else can confirm it would be greatly appreciated…

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Sorry man, you’ve got the mysteriously disappearing text problem… I had this on a few sites, and have no idea what’s causing it. If you highlight the empty space, the text appears… no problem… but it starts out white… (I hope it’s just multiple IE’s, but doubt it.)…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.