Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS disappearing first-letter effect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bdjim
    Participant

I wanted the first letter of some posts to enlarged (I’d really like a drop cap, but this is what I could find).
    In the first paragraph in a post I put

<

p class=”bigletter”>

In my css I put

p.bigletter::first-letter {
    font-size: 200%;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

While still in WordPress and the post saved, the big first letter showed when I displayed the post. When I logged out and went to the page, there was no big first letter.

(Now- here’s more. Before clicking submit, I went to check the post and reloaded it. The large letter appeared. To check it again, I reloaded and the large letter disappeared. I reloaded two more times and it did not reappear again.)

Here’s the link if you want to check it: http://www.standrewsharringtonpark.org/news-events/how-thirsty-are-you-really/

Many thanks if someone can help me clear this up.
    Barbara

Mottie
    Shikkediel
    Participant

Dunno, it’s a weird glitsch. I noticed it too, then when opening the console it suddenly went into effect looking as it’s supposed to. Rarely occurs when I reload. Firefox browser, Windows 7.

JeroenR
    Participant

Maybe try putting the stylesheet in the head, because it could be a loading/rendering timing perhaps?

bdjim
    Participant

Thank you all for your responses. I’m going to check out the polyfill.

At this point it seems to be Firefox. This doesn’t happen on Vivaldi (and therefore it probably won’t happen on Chrome) or IE. Fortunately, it’s a relatively simple page and I don’t think most people will see a need to reload it. It just kinda’ freaked me out a little bit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.