Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Firefox inspector: Disabling JS files, simulating bandwidth?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    modiophile
    Participant

I have two questions regarding features on the native Firefox inspector:

1) Is there a way to disable specific JS files? I see all JS can be disabled, but not all https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Tools_Toolbox#Advanced_settings

2) How can I specify a custom or preset bandwidth speed for testing Network performance? ex. Simulate 4MB sec. bandwidth on my local computer.

Shikkediel
    Participant

In web developer tools, you can select the debugger and pause or resume scripts in the top left corner.

Wouldn’t worry too much about bandwidth. I do most on a 1.2MB/s wireless and that’s plenty fast…
    It’s probably something to set on the computer’s connection itself (not so much the browser). But I may be wrong there.

modiophile
    Participant

The debugger only pauses an active script, it doesn’t disable it upon refresh.

Custom bandwidth speeds can be set on Chrome and it matters for me because I test for mobile where speeds are significantly slower.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.