Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Disable Firefox URL preview?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    modiophile
    Participant

So I have this snazzy CSS3 fixed footer menu and when I hover over any of the links contained within it, the URL preview on Firefox annoying covers it. There’s an FF add-on to disable this, but I shouldn’t need my visitors to install something like that to overcome this annoyance. Is it possible to disable this featured via code?

example screenshot

__
    Participant

There’s an FF add-on to disable this, but I shouldn’t need my visitors to install something like that to overcome this annoyance. Is it possible to disable this featured via code?

Nope.

I would venture to guess that most users are aware of this, and it wouldn’t be a problem. If you really want to do something about it, you could always add a bit of padding to the bottom of your footer.

__
    Participant

No problem; though that’s not exactly what I meant. I meant to say that I think most users are aware that there is a URL preview in the bottom left (in fact, it’s in most browsers), and that it’s not as much an “annoyance” as you might expect it to be. Of course, if it still bothers you, you’ll need to do something about it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.