Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Different width in each Popup(Modal)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shiva
    Participant

Hi,

We created the lot of modal popup in an application and each popup has different width like for confirmation its have 40%, add new have 70%, assign have 80% etc.

There is something 20 popup in the application and all have different width and also different width for responsive breakpoints(@media) also.

Is that way ok for UI/UX?

Thanks

Paulie_D

I think I would prefer (as a user) for some consistency for modals…ideally with as many confirmation buttons in the same place as possible.

Now I appreciate that this is not always possible but consistency, I feel, is generally to be encouraged.

Shiva
    Participant

Hi Paulie_D,

Thanks for your input.

I want that how user feel about these popup? That’s why I mention that “Is that way ok for UI/UX?”

Senff
    Participant

To make all modals the same size, would not be that great. One type could have a lot of content (image popup?), another type could be just a simple message (“Your message has been sent.“), so it would definitely make sense to have different sizes.

Is it good for UI/UX? Sure. Design is relative (there is no absolute “good” or “bad” when it comes to this) and from an UX point of view you gotta ask if the contents of the modal are being presented properly, if it’s easy to close the modal, if the modal size doesn’t make things more difficult, etc. But that’s up to you.

Paulie_D

To make all modals the same size, would not be that great.

I probably didn’t express myself very well.

I kinda mean a 1x, 2x 3x sort of sizing depending on the requirement.

Random sized modals just doesn’t look tidy to me….if you must have pop-ups.

Shiva
    Participant

Hi Senff,

Thanks for your input.

I agree with your comments that we can’t make all 20 popup in one size but we can categorized it as per your and Paulie_D comment like 1x category for simple message in small size modals, 2x category for large forms in medium size modals, 3x category for grid in large size modals and last 4x category for other content in extra large modals.

What do you think?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.