Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [SOLVED] Difference between free & license version of Sublime text

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shaifshahin
    Participant

What is the difference between free version & license version of Sublime text 2. I like to buy it.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

From what i understand, Sublime Text 2 is still in the Beta phase of development. So once they move out of that there will no longer be free downloads. Maybe trials or something. That is the extent of my knowledge towards it. I bought a license merely to support some good developers that created a text editor i have fallen in love with.

GMB
    Participant

I agree with andy_unleash — the creator actually gets paid for his work. Not a bad idea, wouldn’t you say?

Nosenation

Paid version of Sublime don’t ask you to buy it (dialog box). Free version do, very often, so this can be frustrating sometimes.

If you like it, pay. Personally I use free version right now, but I save money to buy full version.

kivo360

I second Nosenation. I’ll buy it when I can splurge on it. So far the editor has been the best I have seen in history! It would be horrible to just take and use the software without giving the guy compensation.

palimadra
    Participant

I would buy the paid version – no question about it even if it is priced at $70.

However, as customers we do need to know if the paid version has extra features or not.

Personally like Nonesation I plan to buy it as soon as possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.