Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Designing for wordpress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

So I am follwowing along with chris the best I can trying to develop my own wordpress theme for a friend of mine based on a template that she designed for her website that i built. I am trying to figure out the best way to arange the content in the center for the blog posts. I tried what chris has in the video wich was overflow-y: scroll; but overflow: auto; seems to work and look better. the problem is that the content scrolls but not all of it. Take a look

http://www.cybersmods.com/wordpress

Erika
    "cybershot" wrote:
    I prefer the fixed length in my design. I see no reasone to scroll the entire website if you can just scroll the content. Then the other parts of the website are still available to you without having to scroll back up tot he top to hit a nav link.

I understand, but then again, I don’t. If you’re going to be scrolling anyway, where does the difference lie? You might be better off using a "position: fixed" sidebar, with the footer attached to the content and scrolling. It gives off an i-frame look that takes away from the site’s potential attractiveness.

"cybershot" wrote:
    The page is only doing the funky stuff in internet explorer. it’s functioning good in opera. just like i would expect it to. But for some reason parts of the page in I.E 7 won’t scroll. Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

Hmm… how come you have the anchor tags at "position: relative"… might that help if you removed it? That is a funny little quirk.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.