Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Designer Etiquette…link back to your site?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    urbanbricks

Hey fellow designers…I’ve got an etiquette question I’d like to pose to the forum users. When you design sites for your clients, do you leave a "Designed/Developed/Created by Your Name" link at the bottom? Do you do this automatically, or with your clients’ permission? Do you give a discount for the link? I’d like my clients’ sites to display a link but not quite sure how to go about it the PC way. Appreciate your feedback!

mikes

I always put a designed by credit and have never had it mentioned. However, if a client wanted it removed, I would cheerfully remove it.

I am careful to make it small, unabtrusive, and in a color that doesn’t significantly standout from the background until you mouse over it. For instance, If I had a black background, I might use #808080 with a white hover.

Then again, I’m not getting thousands for a websie either :)

Spunkmeyer

Well, even if you can’t plug yourself on the site, you can always do so in the code. You never know who’s taking a gander behind the scenes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.