Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Design feedback needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DanKing

Hi all, I have been visiting this site for a while now and have noticed how helpful everyone is, especially Chris who shares his expertise with us all. I am a brand new web designer and was asked to build a site for some friends who are opening an electrology spa. I had very little time to put the site together and they basically only gave me the logo and the big swoosh, which they wanted at the top of the page. This made it hard for me to place the logo at the top, so I improvised. It is clean, albeit a little sparse.

I am working on a better format for the tables on the Rates page and have to work out the IE bug making the tables sit at different heights. Also, I plan to include some sub-navigation to reduce the size of some of the windows and add some more photos as they get them to me.

I would appreciate any help you all have for improving all aspects of the site. I am trying to learn as much as I can so feel free to let me have it – you will not hurt my feelings. Thank you all in advance! Here is the url:

http://www.beautifulbelle.com

Thanks!

Dan

curtismchale

I really like the site. The big things that I see you already mentioned as noted and working on.

tcindie

I agree that the logo should ideally stay in one place between all the pages, though the top left corner doesn’t strike me as the best place for it with this design…

Also I don’t see how it would be below the fold on anyones screen unless they’re still running at 800×600, in which case they are in the minority (and have been for many years). Granted I run at a very high resolution, but even when I resize FF to 1024×768 the logo is perfectly visible.

As for ideal positioning, what strikes me as the best placement option would be floating over the "swoosh", just below the nav bar. Partially overlapping both the white bg and colored menu background ("swoosh")

DanKing

Thanks for the feedback guys! I met with the clients last night and they are pretty happy with it.

My biggest question right now is background. What would you do with it? I think its boring as it is and would like to spice it up a bit. I am going to consider that "Welcome" thing for sure – we talked about that last night and while I agree it might not need to be there, the clients kind of like it so we will see how it works out. Consistent logo placement is great advice – I’ll be changing that this week.

Anyone have any idea how to fix my tables on the "Rates" page? They will not sit at a consistent height and stay even in all the browsers. It’s one of those nasty IE bugs, but I can’t figure out how to fix it. I have cleared my floats so its not that.

Thanks again for all the help!

Dan

Edwin

I like this design, good job! I think the background is good too the way it is right now. It supports the main content and doesn’t disturb. I don’t think you’ve to change something anymore.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.