Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Design/Development Brief.. “What do you want?!”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m relatively new to web design & development but as my first real project (as I’m sure a lot of people do) I’m creating myself a portfolio/blog type of site from scratch.

So far I’ve created myself a basic design on Affinity and started on my HTML, but then I realised…. what do I even want?!

My background is in Product Design, and before any project starts, it’s second nature to me to talk to the client and produce a design specification. For some reason this idea never came to me when it came to web design..

My question is (we’re getting there now!) what are the general sections of a web design spec that is kind of standard for the industry? In a product design spec, generally you have a scope, background, performance, aesthetics, life cycle, market, safety amongst other areas, but I realised I’m not sure really what goes into a web design spec.

I’d love to hear everyone’s ideas and experience in this area and have a general discussion about it!

Thanks guys!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.