Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Design Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JosiahB

Hey I was just thinking up some concepts for a new website I’m about to build and I was wondering if any of you could tell me what you thought of it so far! [link](http://christmascard.netau.net/page.jpg “link”)

grimslayer
    Participant

I like the concept, but strongly recommend that you create/use icons instead of photographs as it looks a little tacky.

JosiahB

oh ok! .. so haha I’m pretty new at this and I’m not exactly sure I know where to start

Scribblerockerz
    Participant

The idea is really interesting, but the images are not compatible with the colors, I think…
    Maybe you should rethink your colors, here is a pice of inspiration:

http://webdesignledger.com/inspiration/50-retro-and-vintage-web-designs-to-inspire-you

JosiahB

thanks for your advice!! .. and what do you mean by “the images are not compatible with the colors”?

JosiahB

thanks @justdan!! and ok I lowed the opacity and dropped the black border!

Anonymous
    Inactive

In my opinion you should really aim for a modern look. That would mean getting rid of that entirely.

JosiahB

thanks @cwork! and I tried to shrink it some .. how does it look now?

Alen
    Participant

I think it looks great. I would however get rid of home menu item and simplify the menu little bit. Looks little big for my taste but that’s my own preference as there’s nothing wrong with having them that size. Keep working, looks great so far.

> In my opinion you should really aim for a modern look.

Why?

Maybe he’s building photographers website that has retro/edgy style and fit his/her personality. How can you suggest something “modern” when you have no idea what his clients requirements are?

JosiahB

oh ok thanks for your advice!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.