Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other defining SEO strategy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for reading material for establishing an effective SEO strategy for public facing govt sites? A long-shot, I know, but any feedback would be appreciated.

tobeeornot

That’s probably the best advice! The whole area seems to be in flux.

snillor

Great advice, clearly expressed, Josh.

The only things I’d like to mention, for those who are new and don’t yet know, are:

1) There is no shortage of people touting their systems and products as sure-fire ways to boost your SEO results – as long as you hand over enough of your money. Don’t fall for this – if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

2) There are techniques that you pretty much be sure will HURT your SEO rankings – the so-called “black-hat” methods. Learn what these are and avoid them. Some of these are keyword stuffing (fortunately not as common as it used to be), variations of keyword use that involve making them invisible, link farms, and more.

3) Your best bet is to present content that people want to view and present it in a clear and sensible way (meaning don’t try to trick the search engines).

tobeeornot

Thanks guys – really insightful advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.