Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Debugging a button

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    burtflaxton
    Participant

Hey folks,

I have a vehicle year, make, model, search on the home page of a site of mine. I recently made some changes and upgrades to the CMS (Magento); it seems to have broken the “search” button under the vehicle selection module on the left side of my page. I can configure the module to “search” automatically when someone selects the vehicle, but my client prefers to have the clear/search button function. Everything works except the “search” button. I feel it is a problem with jquery/javascript, but I have no idea where to start finding the conflicts or to go about fixing them.

Any advice/direction is much appreciated!

http://turbodieselpower.com/

burtflaxton
    Participant

I was able to fix the issue by comparing old/new files. One of the “class” had been changed to an “id” in the latest release.

Still curious as to the methods used for debugging these issues. I use firebug, but maybe there is something else that can help with these type of errors.

TheDoc

Unfortunately, other than looking through a lot of code by hand, there’s not a whole lot you can do. Firebug helps for layout and styling issues, but probably wouldn’t come in too handy with this type of error, unfortunately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.