Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Dating Site Design Feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cyanoxide
    Participant

Hey there, for some reason over the past few weeks I’ve really had the eager to design and build one of these sites. I’ve used them in the past and thought I could spread some new life into the otherwise stale genre. Whether I decide to pursue this or not is unknown to me at the moment but I want to at least get the mock-up design to look it’s best.

I’m undecided on the colour scheme and I need to work on the wording of some things but the idea was to make the site fairly minimalist and modular whilst taking advantage of all the space on the page so the user can customise the page how he or she sees fit.

Anyway, this is what I’ve got so far, I’d appreciate any sort of feedback or suggestions on how I can improve it.

http://jamiepates.co.uk/bidromance.png

(The image is quite big for anyone using a smaller screen, I’ve found that reducing the browser zoom to 75% fits the window almost perfectly on a 1366×768 laptop screen if that helps.)

Cyanoxide
    Participant

A few updates, since I made this thread. I’ve added a small border around each of the module boxes, added a transparent pattern to the header and change the colour of the of the text backgrounds within the large profile images near the top to match the site.

Cyanoxide
    Participant

Thank you very much for responding, I think I might change the box so it expands when you type so when there’s no text in there the text box is the same height as the button so it matches the input boxes on the right. What are you’re thoughts on that?

Cyanoxide
    Participant

I’ll give it a go and see how it looks.

Bladebringer
    Participant

Guys, do you really think it’s really possible to find a serious relationship on dating sites? My friends visit such sites very often, I have never tried it. Please advise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.