Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Damned IE!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    magician

Hi there, hope you can help. In firefox my site looks fine, but un early versions of IE. the main contnet is not vertically aligned. How do I rectify this?
    2nd provblem is in IE 5.5 and 6 the Contact and shop links at the top right of the page are not displaying correctly. The images hug the text instead of displaying the space between them..

3rdly is in IE the shadow at the back of the main box does not show., I messed around with png hacks but have obviously failed as it has made it disappear full stop.

Please help.

Here is the site: http://www.pauledmondson.co.uk

curtismchale

I wouldn’t worry about IE 5.5 way too small a market share to spend any time on in my opinion.

magician

the problem is in IE 6 too. Please help. Im not having muck joy with this forum. I have posted several times and nobody has helped yet. :?
    I have been working on it and have been tryin out a conditional css statement in the head, but it doesnt work either:

<!–[if lte IE 7]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/ie.css"><![endif]–>

then in style sheet specify a top value of the pixel amount which aligns it correcntly in ie.

curtismchale

If the problem is in IE 6 but not 7 why does your conditional comment include IE 7. If you just want to target before IE 7 use <!–[if lt IE 7]>

I also notice that you have a second <![endif]> statement in your document head and haven’t closed all of the items in they head of your document properly. Sometimes little things like that can affect other items that you didn’t expect. In fact many of the items in the head of your document are not ended properly. Make sure that you have /> at the end of every meta statment and that all of the proper quotes are present.

magician

Im gonna have to give up on this one. Despite putting in the conditional statement it still dont work. All tags seems fine to me too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.