Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Customizing WordPress email notifications

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TechStudio

I’m curious if anyone knows of a plugin to assist with customizing WordPress’ email notifications. WP sends out emails when users are created, when comments hit posts and for other reasons. It would be nice if there were a plugin out there to assist rather than having to do it all manually. Hm, maybe we’ll write the plugin if there isn’t one out there.

TechStudio

Follow up:

We didn’t find what we wanted in the plugins that were available. Right now we’re using some custom PHP code that is messy, but allows us to do whatever we want to the emails WordPress sends out. One of these days we plan to clean it up, add an interface and release it as a plugin. Maybe I’ll update this thread then.

TechStudio

When certain events occur, WordPress sends out an email. When a new user is created, an email goes to that user. When a comment is made upon a thread that a user is author of, an email goes to the author. I wanted the ability to completely customize all the emails WordPress sends out during these events. For now we just hooked those functions to write custom emails, but I think a plugin to assist the process would be useful to a lot of people.

TheDoc

Very interesting. I just recently had to do that for some other software. It’s a pain when they don’t document how you should be changing it. Looking forward to seeing the plugin if you create it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.