Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Customization Problem in Google Custom Search Engine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Supratim

Hi Sir!

I must say I am a newbie in web-designing ( though I know photoshop very well) and hence opted Google Custom Search as my Website search engine. But, since my website is basically design-oriented, I want to customize the look of the search box so as to match my website theme. In fact I tried and achieved something really ugly. :oops: I was unable to change the look of the text input field but got the button changed which didn’t align with the box. :cry:
    I browsed and browsed and browsed, across hundreds of websites, and then came your website, in which I was able to see a designed Google Custom Search Box.
    So sir, I was wondering if you could help me out with this. I even went through the source of your website and tried to take help of it, but nope, it doesn’t work! :oops: The same box gets gisplayed again.
    By the way, I haven’t paid for Google Custom Search. :?

Following is a comparision of The CSS-Tricks CSE Search Box and my unsuccessful attempt:
    [img]http://i44.tinypic.com/34hgtc0.jpg[/img]

-Supratim Nayak

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Looks like you are well on your way…

I’m not doing much different with my own search box that what you have already done. I just have whole form area set over a background image. Then I removed the border and background from the input and replaced the submit button with an image.

There is some jQuery at work to place the "Search…" text in there and remove it when clicked, but that’s about it.

Supratim

Well…got rid of the border, but how to align the button with the input field?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.