Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Custom WordPress Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stoobs3k

My layout is primarily made using floats and a little of bit of absolute and relative positioning when needed. But the problem i’m having is links aren’t able to be clicked at all. It’s like there is a layer of css over the top of them. I got the top nav to work using z-index, but no luck with the rest of the links including the sidebar. The url to the template is:

http://www.tasteofinkstudios.com/wordpress/

If anyone could help it would be a huge help.

Jon

You have div { position: relative; } in your css which in my experience causes no end of headaches. Removing this solves the problem. You should apply position: relative manually to any divs which absolutely need it.

Best wishes
    Dave

Rob MacKay
    Participant

its not your position relative, its because your post class is spanning 100% of the content div, covering over your sidebar. You to create a style for the .post and set it a width :)

Ah this is of course true. The reason why I thought I fixed it by removing position:relative in firebug is that you have z-index: -100 in the #content selector.

I think you can fix it by removing z-index: -100 from #content and adding

.post {
    margin-left: 190px;
    width: 500px;
    }

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.