Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Custom fonts returns "Failed to decode downloaded font"

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #238592
    motionair
    Participant

    Hi,

    I have been trying to crack this nut for a while now with no luck so i come here with my hat i my hand..

    I added custom webfonts to my wordpress site, but they return a “Failed to decode downloaded font” error when i check it in the chrome inspector.

    —————– style.css —————–

    @font-face {
        font-family: 'montserrathairline';
        src: url('http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.eot');
        src: url('http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
             url('http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.woff2') format('woff2'),
             url('http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
             url('http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'),
             url('http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.svg#montserrathairline') format('svg');
        font-weight: normal;
        font-style: normal;
    
    }
    

    —————– CSS (a lot, but just to make sure i got the right one —————

    p {
        font-family: 'montserrathairline';
    }
    
    h1,h2 {
        font-family: 'montserrathairline';
    }
    
    h3,h4 {
        font-family: 'montserrathairline';
    }
    
    h5,h6 {
        font-family: 'montserrathairline';
    }
    
    .x-topbar p {
    font-family : 'montserrathairline';
    }
    
    .x-brand {
    font-family : 'montserrathairline';
    }
    
    body,a {
    font-family : 'montserrathairline';
    }
    

    This all returns the following code, and my text displays as “Serif regular”

    ERROR in chrome inspector
    Failed to decode downloaded font: http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.woff2
    (index):1 OTS parsing error: Failed to convert WOFF 2.0 font to SFNT
    (index):1 Failed to decode downloaded font: http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.woff
    (index):1 OTS parsing error: incorrect file size in WOFF header
    (index):1 Failed to decode downloaded font: http://motionair.no/fonts/montserrat-hairline-webfont.ttf
    (index):1 OTS parsing error: post: table overruns end of file

    Any and all help here greatly appreciated, i have tried a lot of difrent solutions with no luck. This is my last option before i revert to a regular google webfont. Thank you for your time!

    -R

    #238595
    Paulie_D
    Moderator

    Are hosting the fonts yourself or trying to hotlink them?

    I’d suggest downloading them and linking locally.

    Or just Google the error.

    This isn’t a CSS issue as such…it’s a progamming one,

    #238606
    motionair
    Participant

    I am hosting them on my website and when i go to the direct link i download a font that works.

    I tried google with no luck.

    Thanks anyway!

    #238852
    jodamo5
    Participant

    I just had the same issue – but with Font Awesome, which is a really well known font. Turned out this was caused by a problem with FTP. The file was uploaded as text (ASCII) instead of binary, which corrupted the file. I simply changed my FTP software to binary, re-uploaded the font files, and then it all worked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.