Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Custom Admin Page for Registered User

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ak-i
    Participant

Greetings!

As the title, is it possible? I would want my contributor to have a limited view of the toolbar. right now they can see post, profile, and also my contact form plugin and some other plugin page. How can i prevent them from having a view to it?

Thanks!

blue642

what exactly is it that you want them to be able to do?

Maybe you should check out how the roles work and choose that as a starting point.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

ak-i
    Participant

i want the user to be able to contribute, by sending post. right now in the post toolbar, there’s add new post and edit, what if i want just the add new post tab only.

blue642

I think you may be looking for a contributor then…

From the codex:

Quote:
    Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts

In this case the edit option will still be there, but they can only edit posts that they write. They cannot publish anything.

You can change the roles in the admin by going to "Users" and editing an existing user, in the "Role" drop down, choose "Contributor"

Then click "Update User" at the bottom of the page.

If you want all new users to have this role, Go to "Settings" and in the "General" section look for the "New User Default Role"

Set this to "Contributor" and then "Save Changes"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.