Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS3 PIE: need help putting b/ground color linear gradients & box-shadow into IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mikhail
    Participant

Hi there guys, I’ve got onto:
    http://css3pie.com/documentation/getting-started/

seems like the way to get box-shadow and linear gradients into IE (6-9),
    but I am perhaps having newbie problems…

here is step 2:

Step 2: Upload it

Inside the unzipped directory, you will find a file named PIE.htc. This is the behavior file for IE, and is what does all the magic. Upload this file to the server where you’re going to serve pages using CSS3. It doesn’t matter where exactly, as long as you know where it is.

//* … now, is this doable through notepad++, just running it in IE, or do I have to do it through a server (would Xampp work?)

It looks like a piece of cake (or pie, sorry, couldn’t resist!) right??

… also step 4:

Step 4: Apply PIE

In that same CSS rule, add the following style line:
    behavior: url(path/to/PIE.htc);
    Of course you will need to adjust the path to match where you uploaded PIE.htc in step 2. Note: this path is relative to the HTML file being viewed, not the CSS file it is called from.

… now I just stuck the PIE.htc file into the same file with all my website files for my site, so I tried: url(PIE.htc), and also: url(full path eg. C// documents/website/PIE.htc), no dice either way, my site is not on a server, I’m just doing this in notepad++…

Any comments would be appreciated!!

Michael

Mikhail
    Participant

Just wanted to confirm first, you should use CSS3PIE to make linear gradients in IE9? I also want to do text-shadow and box-shadow. I cannot get the PIE to work for linear gradients in IE9… :(

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.