Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS3 full-page background img ruins site in Firefox, Opera, how do I fix it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DeSoto

Hello everybody,
    I’m new to the forum. Haven’t been able to figure this out and it’s the main issue with being able to relaunch my site.

I used a css trick from this website on how to set up a full-page background image using CSS3 (https://css-tricks.com/perfect-full-page-background-image/) which works great in Chrome and Safari. However, none of the content of my site shows up in Firefox or Opera with this method.

I downloaded the newest versions of FF and Opera and still not working. I only see the background image, FB like and Twitter follow buttons, no nav menu or page content.

Does anyone know why this would be? I thought the new FF was CSS3 compatible.

Here’s the page in question: http://www.matthewsilberman.com/nu.html

Please, ANY help would be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

Senff
    Participant

I don’t think the background is the problem. Even without it, most of your elements don’t show in Firefox.

Not sure what’s the deal with having text within those OBJECT tags everywhere, cause that’s where the problem really is (give the empty OBJECT within #NAVIGATION a “display:block” and you’ll see that things appear), so I would suggest getting rid of that type of code first.

Vermaas
    Participant

Try using float or positioning the elements at first.

The elements al over the page aren’t styled, so i think it’s more strange that chrome and safari show the content the way it is meant, then firefox and Opera doesn’t show it the right way.

DeSoto

@Senff Thank you. For whatever reason the “display:block” worked and got everything to show up in Firefox/Opera. I had to reposition some things for whatever reason, and did so with absolute instead of relative like you suggested. Much appreciated good sir!

@Vermaas
    , I honestly didn’t even get around to trying your suggestion since @Senff’s worked, and honestly that’s good enough for me right now; I’m afraid to mess with it further. BUT, I really appreciate your input.
    Thank you to you both!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.