Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    banikian
    Participant

How do you make a CSS Template with a bunch of images? I have 26 images that I want to put together to make a CSS website… Can someone help?

dcp3450
    Participant

This is css 101 stuff. I’ll give you a basic jumping off point. however, it’s up to you to go out and learn how to code and use css:

Lets say you have an image you want to use as a the background for some content:

Code:
    .content_area
    {
    background: #ffffff url(imagepath) repeat-x top left;
    }

to use the css:

Code:
    Text, images, etc are placed here

a few key points:

using a . (period) designates a class. A class is a css instance that is or expected to be used more than once on a single page. using a # (pound) designates an id. An id is a css instance that is only used once on a single page. #header or #footer would be an id since you only have one header or footer.

The way I typed the background is called shorthand. the long had version is this:

Code:
    background-color: #ffffff;
    background-image: url(imagepath);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    background-position: top left;

there is alot to learn but once you do you will find that CSS is an amazing tool in a webmasters arsenal. Use w3schools to learn the basics: http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Start playing with concepts and when you get stuck do more reading. CSS-TRICKS has some great blogs and podcasts.

I taught myself every bit of css I know. It’s possible to become proficient in CSS you just have to take the time and patience to learn it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.