Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design css works in firefox not chrome or safari

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    janburg
    Participant

Working on making a WordPress site look good in Firefox, then checked it in other browsers – ack! The css for the top widget area is missing in the other browsers, and the quote in the center of the page has no styling at all. For the widget I created a new widget area, and for the text new classes for the quote and the quote’s credit. It seems that the other browsers do not recognize these elements. Am I doing this wrong, or is there a fix in the code that allows other browsers to read my code properly?

https://codepen.io/anon/pen/wpMNeP#anon-login

FYI: I am good at copy/pasting code, not so great at creating it. In other words, I know enough to be totally dangerous.

janburg
    Participant

https://codepen.io/jansburg/pen/EoPrpx – sorry, new to CodePen.

JeroenR
    Participant

Are you sure about your pen? Because there is nothing there that points to your issue.
    It contains just a header and some CSS styles that aren’t applied.

janburg
    Participant

I’m not sure about much of anything these days. I guess my question is if the CSS has a certain way of labeling a class that I’m doing wrong here or if this is a good example of code, then why do Chrome, Safari, Explorer all ignore it.

Zander
    Participant

Maybe put some more of that HTML in your pen that you made the css for?

janburg
    Participant

Ok, the font is not added – not sure how to add that but at least it’s centered, which is more than I see on Chrome. Curious, Chrome shows it centered on the Pen site, but not my website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.