Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS-Tricks Site Layout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ZaLiTH

Greetings one and all… :D I have a question, and yes, before you ask, I did register for the sole purpose of asking this question (but I may stay after that too).

This site (css-tricks.com) has a very nifty effect when the browser window size changes, and I’m very curious as to how it was done.

When my browser window shrinks to about a 1230px width, the search block moves down below the navigation. Then at about a 950px width, the sidebar moves to below the main content. Lastly at about a 510px width the navigation bar itself changes.

I think this is absolutely brilliant, I’ve never seen (or at least noticed) other sites doing this, but the possibilities to optimise a layout for screen sizes in this way blows my mind… Perhaps the man behind the scenes could share some light on how he did this, what do you say Chris? :)

jamygolden

Chris shares just about everything he does =)
    https://css-tricks.com/resolution-specific-stylesheets/

ZaLiTH

But… But… I looked for that. Didn’t find it though.. My search skills must be getting a bit rusty. Thanks for the link Jamy.

jamygolden

No problem. It’s a bit tricky to search for something if you don’t know what exactly it is you’re searching for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.