Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CSS-Tricks Bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, is it just me or the icon font that CSS-Tricks is using doesn’t seem to work right ?
    I am using Mozilla 20.0.1 and here is what I see when I load CSS-Tricks : http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1641/cssz.png . I tried it on IE 10 as well and it doesn’t load there either.The font works just fine in Chrome. The weird part is that the font is displaying correctly only when I have clicked on the Forums section. I would like to apologise in advance if I have posted that thread in the wrong place but I didn’t know where else to do it. I would appreciate if anyone has solution to the problem even if it is only me who doesn’t see the font loaded correctly :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think @ChrisCoyier assumed that most if not all web developers are on chrome. So i think he worked extra hard and made sure everything works for chrome but not as much for other browsers. No web developer should be on IE to begin with.

TheDoc

Looks like it’s just a bug in FF at the moment. I’m getting the error, too.

I know , I just tested it in IE10 that doesn’t mean that I am using it. I was surprised to find out that Firefox doesn’t display it right . I am planning to use icon fonts into my next project – my boss always insists on supporting IE , Firefox and not only Chrome so I would be grateful if someone gives me explanation what may be causing that problem. I didn’t mean to offend anyone – I am a huge @ChrisCoyier fan as well.

TheDoc

I’ve sent him a message, he’ll see this thread soon enough.

As for what Jarolin said, I’m sure Chris has tested in all modern browsers. I’m not sure where he’s getting this ‘only Chrome’ and ‘no IE10’ mindset from.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@TheDoc I say that because if you look at the site in IE8 you can see not even the header loads, and the site is not functional. I think Chris knows this very well but why bother supporting a browser that should have been dead long ago. I’m not saying he didn’t work on the site for other browsers, but on Chrome just a little extra. But how the hell would i know this?, it’s only a theory.

TheDoc

IE8 is a very, *very* different issue. The OP is talking about IE10 which is an incredibly modern browser.

Getting the same issue as well in FF.20, it’s only on the frontpage though, works fine on the forums. I’m thinking it’s just a font-loading issue.

Sidenote, i was gladly surprised at how good IE10 is. Maybe they’ve finally caught up? ;)

Paulie_D

In IE10 Developer Tools I get this:

** @font-face failed cross-origin request. Resource access is restricted. **

chrisburton
    Participant

@Paulie_D Is there `https://` in the URL instead of `http://`?

chrisburton
    Participant

H&FJ webfonts now seem to work for me in Firefox 20

balaji_sr
    Participant

It is working perfect in FF20… but not in IE9 for me…

Paulie_D

Paulie_D

IE10 & FF20 Borked.

Safari 5.1.7 & Chrome 26 OK

CrocoDillon
    Participant

I’ve had the same issue weeks ago in Chrome, but a page refresh fixed it. Got me thinking though about how fragile icon-fonts can be ;p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.