Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other css-tricks automated emails?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jerba
    Participant

A month or so ago a showed a friend of mine css-tricks and obviously he was eager to create an account. Anyway, when doing so he noticed that he wasn’t receiving any of the automated emails providing him with his password, so I suggested that there may be maintenance or something so try again later. At the time I did use the contact form on css-tricks to notify the developers of the issue, but I feel the issue we’re experiencing may also be affecting the contact system too. Well, this brings us to today (At least a month later) I told him to try again and still he runs into the same issue. Since there has been no reply to the contact and the issue is still not fixed, I felt I should probably notify people here who may be able to contact a developer.

EDIT: I did attempt to create a new account using a new email address both times.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Paulie_D

Can he remember what username he decided on…I can at least see what I can find in the back end bits I can see?

Paulie_D

Well the account exists but obviously I can’t see passwords.

Perhaps it’s a Spam Filter thing…has he checked?

@ChrisCoyier

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Anybody can create an account here: https://css-tricks.com/wp-login.php?action=register

Emails are definitely sending out. I’m usually the first to know when they aren’t. Must be getting lost somewhere along the way.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Good detective work! I can replicate it. Looking into it now. I have no idea what it’s going to take to fix, so it may take several days.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Deployed a few fixes today. Seems to have fixed the registration problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.