Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CSS Trick V10 – New Design discussion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

I just reloaded the main page, and WHAM, new design! I like it, i really like it!
    Feels good to be a backer now! :D

Paulie_D

Guys, lets keep it all in one thread.

I’m sort of liking it but it’ll take me a while to get used to the new version,

Agreed, quite an overhaul, but at first impression my eyes really liked what they saw!

The banner on the Demos page is absolutely awesomely badass.

angelothic
    Participant

Looks trying retro style and portal. But just i like old style more modern than this

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

I see no more comments counter for blog posts on the home page ? That’s too bad, I liked it.

The whole thing looks really good. Retro style, I like it. :)

chrisburton
    Participant

Love the footer links on rollover.

theacefes

I’m seeing letters where icons for main nav should be on home (blog) page.

chrisburton
    Participant

@theacefes Can you screenshot?

theacefes

Ignore me – I just saw the posts in the blog section. :P Looks nice btw!

Paulie_D

As others have noted, the icon-font for the menu images does not seem to work in FF or IE.

It’s OK in my version of Chrome (21)

djrolstad
    Participant

Looks great :) I thought I typed the url wrong haha

chrisburton
    Participant

Post that bug on github @cnwtx

chrisburton
    Participant

I was also hoping for an actual chat embed that others have suggested in the past. Chris notified me that we could use this http://tlk.io/css-tricks but I’d still rather it be in the forums instead of visiting two sites.

Senff
    Participant

In general: not sure if I like it better or not. Big changes always take some time to get used to, but what I’m most impressed about is how fast this was all done.

Two things: I backed the Kickstarter project but not sure what login credentials to use for The Lodge. And second, it’s not that clear anymore which threads in the forum have new posts. I realize it mentions the number of new posts, but it used to stand out more which threads were updated since my last visit. Wouldn’t call that a bug, just a different design approach.

chrisburton
    Participant

@senff I think he may have fixed that. They’re not highlighted like they used to be but it does tell you how many new comments there are.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.