Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Transition with Flash inside + Transition End

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, I have 2 questions.

JSFiddle Link: http://jsfiddle.net/StefanDrachsler/RFFWc/

I’m using CSS Transitions to resize a “div”; Inside i have a YouTube Video. Chrome makes a ugly flicker.Is there a way to avoid this?

Chrome 16: white Flicker in both ways
    Opera: 11.52 white Flicker; mainly from small to big;
    Firefox 8: no Flicker
    Firefox 9: no Flicker
    Safari 5.1: no Flicker
    IE 8: no transition support

Maybe somebody could also test some other browsers.

Second question:
    I know there is no transition in IE 8. It’s ok. But i do have a second one that blends in some information. The second Transition is startet when the first Transition has end. So i used “TransitionEnd”.
    As there is no IE support now there is no information at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mottie

I made this demo a while back to show the jQuery team that Firefox restarts when the container is resized using jQuery animate. But if you make it resizable, it’s really smooth.

Yeah I know this isn’t related to your question about css transitions, but I’m thinking that maybe you’ll need to use javascript to resize the video for webkit browsers and IE.

UPDATE: for the ie reason i changed the second animation to work with a delay. now it’s ok in ie, ofcourse without animation but at least i can see all the information.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.