Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Transition Delay Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wealthpossible
    Participant

Hi all,

I have an accordion menu on a site I am working on. I have used transitions to create the menu.

When I click to open a section of the menu, it opens smoothly. When I click another section it also opens smoothly, however the previous section does not close immediately. It closes about 3 to 5 seconds after the second section has been opened.

What could be the problem? I have stripped back the CSS to the following:

@charset “utf-8”;
    /* CSS Document */

.accordion {
    width:900px;
    overflow:hidden;
    margin:0px;
    color:#901728;
    background:#901728;
    padding:10px;
    padding-top: 7px;
    }
    .accordion section{
    float:left;
    overflow:hidden;
    color:#000;
    cursor:pointer;
    background: #fff;
    margin-top:3px;
    width: 100%;
    }
    .horizontal section{
    max-height:40px;
    transition: max-height 3s ease-in-out 0s;
    }
    .horizontal :target{
    max-height:9999px;
    transition: max-height 3s ease-in-out 0s;
    }

The website: http://www.morrocanoilinfo.com/treatments/

Thanks for reading.

TheDoc

Very odd.

For starters, your transition *should* be taking three seconds since that’s what you’ve told it to do. It’s going much quicker than that, however.

I’ve created an example here using `height` and it seems to be working fine: http://codepen.io/ggilmore/pen/875fabd075831c74c2b6b3e6e5573b37

Aaaahhhhh. I think I’ve figured it out. It’s transitioning 3 seconds all the way to 9999px. If you changed that value to, say, 200px you’d see that the animations are in fact happening at the same time. I think you might just have to find another way to go about this.

wealthpossible
    Participant

Ah, thank you Doc!

My original issue was that I was trying to figure out how to transition from a fixed height to a height of “auto”. Using a max-height of 9999px was a work around I found online somewhere, but as you can see it is now causing this timing issue.

Back to the original issue I go!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.